Quick & Easy Recipe – Orecchiette with Rapini
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 large bunch of rapini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 flat anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- In a medium-size pot, add water and a teaspoon of salt and set heat to high.
- While waiting, cut and trim the rapini and wash thoroughly
- Once the water is boiling, add the rapini into the water and boil for 5 mins with the lid closed.
- After 5 mins, remove the rapini with thongs and add it to a bowl with ice water – Do not drain the water!
- Once the rapini is removed, add another teaspoon of salt and add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions (usually between 8-10 mins)
- Once the pasta is cooked drain and save 1 cup of pasta water.
- Once cooled, take the rapini out of the cold water and squeeze into a ball
- Squeeze as much water out of the rapini.
- Chop the rapini into pieces.
- In the same pot, add olive oil, garlic, and anchovies and cook for 30-60 seconds
- Add the chopped rapini
- Reduce heat and mix everything well
- Add salt pepper and red pepper flakes
- Add the pasta into the pot and mix well
- Add pasta water if too dry
- Once well-mixed, serve with cheese and a glass of white wine.