Fall is just around the corner and that means Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Halloween and the start of the football season. It also means it is the perfect time to cook vegetables soups and stews. Below you will find “Joe’s Fall Veggie Soup” recipe.
“Baseball begins in the spring, the season of new life. Football begins in the fall, when everything’s dying.” – George Carlin
It’s quite simple yet delicious. Cooking is one of my passions and you can find a lot of recipes on this site.
- 1 diced white onion
- 1 chopped hot pepper
- 6 chopped garlic gloves
- 3 chopped celery sticks
- 3 chopped carrots
- 2 roughly chopped white potatoes
- 1/4 cabbage chopped
- 1 can of dried and rinsed white beans
- 1 can of tomatoes
- Salt & pepper, oregano, rosemary, and garlic salt to taste
- Vegetable stock
- Fry onions in a little butter and olive oil until translucent (approx 10 mins)
- Add hot pepper, garlic, celery, carrots, and white beans and cook for another 10 mins or so.
- Soon after, add enough vegetable stock to cover vegetables and give it a good stir.
- After that, add potatoes and add water to cover all the vegetables.
- Then add cabbage and add more water to cover all vegetables.
- Cook until boiling point
- Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for approx 2-3 hours. (the more the better)
- Serve with toasted bread and a slice of cheese
You can save the soup in the refrigerator for three days or freeze it for 3 months.